Friday, February 1, 2008

Leap....

New month, a LEAP month/year. That's great...an extra day of TaxHell. Oh well, I suppose I could use the extra time. The Girl and I usually eat out once a week or so. I've made a list of the restaurants we went to for the month of January. This is not so much interesting for the 2 readers I MIGHT have as it is a way for me to journal what we've done.

January 2008
  1. Calitri's in Peabody MA-Had eggplant pizza with Deb (Hi DEB!!) Not great, would probably not return.
  2. Petrillo's in Peabody MA-The girl had eggplant rolitini and I had veal parm with fusili. Excellent!
  3. Blackwater Grille in Salem NH-Met The Girl's family for dinner at this excellent little place. We both had steak (ribeye, I think) and it was FANTASTIC. Sweet potato fries and a very fresh, crisp salad.
  4. Siam Delight in Beverly MA-The Girl and I had Pad Thai and a few other dishes that I was not a fan of, at ALL. I will absolutely go back and will only order shrimp pad thai and a sapporo beer.
  5. Sushi Island in Wakefield MA-Alison and I met and had spring rolls, a couple orders of Philly Rolls, Avocado & Shrimp Maki and we tried to be adventurous and we ordered the Sweet Shrimp Nigeri. This was a great, big, RAW shrimp! We both picked it up, smelled it and returned it directly to the platter.
  6. Angelas Coal Fired Pizza in Saugus MA-This place is my favorite for pizza. It's crispy and flavorful and just perfect. The girl and I had their signature chicken wings(also roasted in the coal oven, with a marinade of olive oil, lemon, rosemary and salt) The pizza was meatball and ricotta cheese. So good.
  7. China Sky in Winchester MA-I already covered this place in a previous post. Not my favorite chinese food and would not want the sushi again. But, the company more than made up for the food.

I hope to do this at the end of each month. And if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

I plan on working all weekend and I hear there's some game on Sunday. I don't know. I'm more interested in re-watching the Lost season premiere! That show is such a mind-f**k! I LOVE it.

I'm not that big of a sports fan.

No comments: