Saturday, February 16, 2008

Kids....say stuff

I haven't seen the monkeys this week. I've been sick and they're leaving for Florida today and my sister (Clown) didn't want them around a sicky like me. So, they'll be gone for a week and I will miss them. I started thinking about some of things they and other kids have said. I wish I had kept journal through the years but, it's never too late to start.

Alex(then 4)"Auntie, where's your husband?"
Me:"I don't have a husband"
Alex:"why not because only girls live in your house and even Harriet's a girl?"
Me:"yes, only girls live in my house. Some families are all girls, some all boys and some boys and girls"
The funny part of this is how random a question....I've been involved in this kids life since day ONE....it's not like he ever SAW me with a husband!
====================================================================
Lucas(then 5) to his friend, while standing in his driveway with Brenda as I was pulling in.
Lucas:"That's my auntie. She's married to a girl. I know it seems weird but that's how it is in my family."
====================================================================
The day after my girlfriend of 6 years had moved out. I was at my parents house with the kids.
Lucas(6):"So, I heard you and Chris got a divorce."
====================================================================
Lucas was 4 and at my parents house in Florida.
Me:"how's your vacation going?"
Lucas:"I'm not on vacation"
Me:"Your not in florida?"
Lucas:"Nope"
Me:"where are you?"
Lucas:"I'm staying at the airport"
At this point in his vacation, Lucas had been to DisneyWorld, SeaWorld and Universal
Studios.
Later in the conversation
Me:"Have you done anything fun?"
Lucas:"Nothing! I told you I'm at the airport!!"
====================================================================
Rosanne, my friend & co-worker, trying to play a game with her 4 yr old grandson Dean.

Dean:"Nana, read the rules"
Rosanne:"I don't have my glasses and I can't see them"
Dean:"If you can't see and I can't read, how are we gonna play???"
====================================================================
So, this has been about neither taxes or The Girl. Though, my friend Deb says if I say a post is NOT about The Girl, then it's still an Ode.
So, Ode.
You know it's all Ode all the time in my head anyway.
That much is clear.



No comments: