Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Prednisone...It's a Jagged Little Pill or Fun with Side Effects!!

Common Side Effects of Prednisone:
Check with your doctor if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome:
increased appetite -Yes, this bothers me!
indigestion -nope, not yet anyway
nervousness or restlessness -This is bothersome to The Girl
flushing of face or cheeks -Not so bad....easier than going to a tanning bed.
hiccups -this sounds almost cute compared to the rest of the horrors.
increased sweating -As fun as it sounds.
sensation of spinning -Without having to drink!
Decreased or blurred vision -where are my glasses????
frequent urination -I must have a tiny bird bladder.
increased thirst -Is this connected to the urination?
confusion -Seriously, I've always been a bit confused so it's hard to tell if I have this one!
excitement -If The Girl's around, this is impossible to determine.
false sense of well-being -I don't think it's false....besides being sick, I DO have a sense of well-being.
hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there) -Not yet but I'm optimistic.
mental depression -I've never been a mental depressive.
mistaken feelings of self-importance or being mistreated -Don't look at me like that!!
mood swings (sudden and wide) -Sudden and wide? Isn't that the DEFINITION of mood swings??
restlessness -see above
filling or rounding out of the face -Classic Prednisone effect....hoping to miss this one.
reddish purple lines on arms, face, groin, legs, or trunk -I wonder if they make a picture? Or a map? Maybe I DO have the confusion thing...
trouble in sleeping -the codeine helps with this
unusual increase in hair growth -PAGING Cousin It...
unusual tiredness or weakness -nah, i'm tired now till april 15th
vomiting -should alleviate the weight gain.
weight gain (rapid) -Yippee!! I like fast things!!

5 comments:

Alison... said...

are those really the side effects?

eeeeeeek!

Anonymous said...

I'm agreeing with Alison. The Girl is The ANNOYING! Change it to The Stapler.

YGTBKM said...

Oh Brother,

It's Ct Matey and this posting stuff is like tryna learn to ride a bike without training wheels...
I'm clicking on everything and I am not anonymous by ANY means...

I'm YGTBKM
You've Got To Be Kidding Me.

Accountant said...

"the stapler"
wtf does that mean??

Anonymous said...

The stapler? Is that a compliment?