Monday, February 25, 2008

Sick, Tired and Nebulized....

I am sick again. Back on the nebulizer....puffer as my Matey calls it! Today has been a constant fight with the phone. And I'm not winning. Every client with a real or imagined problem has wanted to talk, the IRS agent, the one who said the audit was OVER and then changed it to "just one more issue"...ya, her. She called, emailed and faxed. Apparently she had more than ONE more issue. I have tried, literally all day, to call my doctor. From 9:30 to 12:30 the line was busy. 12:30 to 2:30 they were closed for lunch and it is now 3:22, and the line is still busy. I think I might need another run of prednisone to open my lungs/airway up. However, until I can get through to the dr, I will just wheeze.

The Girl and I went to a funky little restaurant in Beverly on Saturday night. The Wildhorse Cafe. It was different. All the tables were different with big upholstered chairs. The Girl picked out a nice Australian Shiraz, I don't know much about wine so I leave it to the expert. For an appetizer we had seared sea scallops with butternut squash ravioli's. Topped with a bacon/cider demi sauce.
The entree's were equally good...Grilled rack of lamb for me and Filet of beef with Lobster bisque sauce and a few good chunks of lobster meat for The Girl. Both came with a twist on mashed potatoes...The Girl had grilled asparagus and I had some julienned veggie's. Desert was best part of it all, I must say. Grilled banana's with a silky caramel sauce topped with vanilla bean ice-cream and home-made whipped cream. Decadent and worth it.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

OMG, that dinner sounds great. Now I am hungry, thanks!

Sorry you're a sicky again... happens every tax season.

feel better!