Friday, February 8, 2008

"Am I gonna have to pay?"

We found out today that the audit we've been working on for over a year has come to an end. The verdict? NO CHANGES! This is very good news for a few reasons.

1. It means we were able to justify every single calculation on many various returns (personal, trusts, s-corps and LLC'S) over a number of years.
2. No Appeals process necessary.
3. The Client will be loving us for a long time to come.

Also in Tax News.....received a call from a gentleman referred to me by a long time client. This man, I'll call him "Tim", asked me 2 questions..."am i gonna have to pay" and "how much do you charge" I told TIM that it's impossible for me to answer either question! He wanted me to tell him he'd have zero tax and would owe nothing! I have NO idea what his tax situation is. Or how much work/time is involved with his personal and corporate returns. Yes, Tim has a corporation. Also, when a prospective client asks "how much" in the first 5 seconds, they will be a problem.

Tim also told me that the accountant he's had for 8 years has disappeared. Can't find him or get him on the phone.
Hmmm.....wonder why that is??
So, there you have it. A post that's NOT an "Ode".....and it's killing me.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

No blog since last Friday, tax hell is in full swing, huh? that and you're a sicky... hope you feel better soon