Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's Getting Hot in Here....

Well, what do you expect? It's HOT in hell and Tax Hell is no exception. Monday and Tuesday were crazy busy but not in the usual way. We have a client that's being audited by International arm of the IRS. This has been in process for over a year and I can tell you it hasn't been pleasant for anyone. So, that's been taking up a good amount of my time. Personal tax clients with kids applying for financial aid need their returns immediately so they can complete the financial aid forms. The problem, not everyone has all their documents yet. That's the part I can't seem to make people understand. I would LOVE to get these returns done early and off my desk. I do need the information though. People don't get that. Not sure why. They want what they want, WHEN they want it.

My back is has been killing me since yesterday. Woke up yesterday with the pain in my lower back and radiating down both legs. I have a LONG history of back problems, going back to when I was 18 and had a spinal fusion. I was missing bone in the base of my spine and they took bone from my hip and fused it to my spine. This was supposed to protect the exposed nerves and I guess it did. However, now I'm left with so much scar tissue that a whole different problem has resulted. In any event, sitting is a problem. And for a tax preparer(hi matey!), that's a problem. I was going to stay home for most of the day today and just ice it and take muscle relaxers but even doing all that doesn't make that big a difference in the pain level. It's going to feel like this until it doesn't anymore. So, I could stay home and worry about the work piling up and still have the pain. Or, I come to work (which I did), and get stuff done. Truth be told, staying busy can take my mind off the pain.

And I know, when I get home there's a muscle relaxer with my name on it.
And The Girl(hi alison!). I always feel better when I'm with her.....she's an Elixir.

No comments: