Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday...Monday......

Everything feels new on Monday mornings. A new week, a new chance to be productive, a clean slate in a way. On Monday mornings I organize and plan my week. What projects are due, what needs attention, what calls to make and usually a bunch of follow-ups from the previous week. I plot this out on my white board, all color coded (remember..big NERD here!), and I get ready to make a dent in all that needs doing. Then, it happens. One phone call and the whole colorful, carefully plotted plan turns to crap.

Today, the phone call was from a client with VERY PRESSING QUESTIONS! That's how he speaks....ALL CAP'S!!! The questions were complex and covered a lot of gray area's, tax-wise.
I won't go into details but suffice it to say, most of my day will be spent researching these questions and then trying to explain to this VERY CONCERNED client, that there is no ONE answer to his VERY IMPORTANT ISSUES.

The weekend was good...kind of low-key. On Friday night The Girl(hi alison!!) and I stayed in and watched tv(Matey, you sleeping yet?) Saturday we both worked and at night we met Alison, Darcy and Kristen for dinner at China Sky. This was a Chinese/Japanese place in Winchester, tucked away off the main drag, behind a corner. Without MapQuest, we'd still be driving around the bowels of Winchester! The food was good...we had shrimp tempura for an appetizer and sesame chix with veg. rice. The others had sushi and gave me some to try. While it was fresh and different, I think I'll stick to Sushi Island in Wakefield for my sushi needs. Can't be beat, in my opinion. It was great to see Kristen & Darcy. They are great company, fun to be around and a very cute couple. Sunday I food shopped, The Girl (hi alison!!) cleaned and then I baked a banana bread and made a pot roast for dinner. We watched a movie, did laundry and that was the weekend!
I should really post a warning on this blog.....CAUTION!!! YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ THINGS OF A VERY EXCITING NATURE. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I'm a nerd.
I know.
I want to start a Word of The Day.....and here's the first one:
Vertiginous.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Right on! I made the blog, *and* I'm half of a cute couple! (let's be honest, I'm more like 70%) It was great seeing you both too, and we liked the Girl very much! :) Gayme night!

Accountant said...

That's the thing about The Girl...she's so likeable!
Though, if I keep calling her "The Girl" Alison is gonna have an aneuryism.
That'll be fun to watch!

Anonymous said...

I never make the friggin' blog. What is up with that???

Accountant said...

Oh Deb....
Your post is in the pipe-line...
"Nog-Fest" 2008!!