Friday, May 2, 2008

Days of Whine and....



This past week has been busy and the weekend doesn't seem to be offering us any relief. With my parents home and my nephews birthday (Clown's son!) parties (yes, plural...they get 2 parties; one with their friends and one with the family), it's been no down time for the weary tax preparer and The Girl. Last night I had my parents anniversary party at Clown's house, tonight it's back to Clown's for Lucas' birthday cake with the fam , tomorrow The Girl and I are taking Mother-of-the-Girl to dinner for an early Mothers Day get together and Sunday is Lucas' birthday party with his friends. It's being held at Monster Golf, a new place in Peabody/Danvers. 15 8 year old boys, wielding MONSTER sized golf clubs! That sounds relaxing, huh?
I'll have pics of the mayhem on Monday.

So, when do The Girl and I have some time to relax and reconnect? I proposed a little getaway next weekend or staying home and pretending we're on a getaway. No phones/texts/computers. We plan a day trip...act like tourists and have dinner at a new place we've never been. So, that's the plan.

And wine...lots of wine. As a matter of fact, I think that can be arranged for THIS evening.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Good thing Jenn doesn't like relaxing, sounds like all these crazy plans are right up her energetic ally!

Anonymous said...

reconnect? Oh is that what your calling it now? We're relaxing and re-connecting in the Romper Room. Happy the exhausted tax preparer and The Girl "R" getting their well-deserved and long-awaited R and R !!

CT Matey! Playing catch up!