Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh Those Crazy Cats


I'm a dog person. I've had dogs my whole life. There are people who say SOME cats act like dogs. I've never really bought into that theory.
The Girl has 2 cats. I should say, WE have two cats. The handsome white fella is Charley and that other DOG-like creature is Sammy. Sammy will play fetch. Seriously. See that hair elastic on the floor in the picture? If you throw that thing Sammy will fetch it, bring it back to you and drop it at your feet. Dog-like.
The other day, standing at the front door, I waved good-bye to The Girl. As she drove away, I shut the door and headed to the shower. As I was moving around the house getting ready to go out, Charley was following me around and making a real nuisance of himself. He kept meowing, LOUDLY...just being a pain. Usually, he reserves that behavior for meal-time(I don't always remember to feed them!) So, he's under my feet....making all kinds of noise. I am finally ready to leave, I open the front door and there's Sammy! When I shut the door, I had locked her in-between the the screen-door and the front door. Good thing the screen is on the outer door.....
I would never have expected Charley to react like that.
Almost Dog-like.
It was cool....well, not for Sammy.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I can't believe you locked the cat in between the doors! You are such a stoop. Are you so mezmerized by Jenn when she drove away that you lost all sense?

Oy vey -

Charlie knew what he was 'talking' about.

Accountant said...

Mesmerized, yes! And, while we're at it....hypnotized, organized, crystalized, stabilized, actualized.....maybe I should of added alphabetized !